You could feel the need of resetting your NETGEAR range extender for any reason – perhaps, you’re not happy with the current settings or may be, you’re facing a technical issue on your router. Learn how to reset the NETGEAR EX7000 range extender to factory default settings.
You can reset your NETGEAR range extender by using two ways – either by pressing Factory Reset button or by using GUI.
How to factory reset NETGEAR EX7000
Method 1: The Factory Reset Button
Use a sharp and pointed object to press the button. Proceed through the following steps:
- Look at the bottom of your NETGEAR range extender; you’ll see the Factory Reset button
- Long press the button with the help of the sharp object for at least 5 seconds. Release the button when you see the Device to Extender LED light blinking amber
- Wait while your EX7000 reboots
Once it reboots, it will be back to its factory default settings.
Method 2: The Web GUI
This method requires you to connect your computer to your range extender. To know whether your computer (or any device) is connected with your EX7000, look at the Device to Extender LED light. If it’s solid green, your device is connected. Once done, proceed through the following steps:
- Open your preferred web browser on your computer
- Type wifiextassist.com in the URL bar and hit Enter
- Provide your Email address and Password and click on the Log In button
- On the next page (called NETGEAR genie page), select Settings on the left pane
- Click Other Settings
- Click Reset
Click Yes and wait while your web user interface completes the process of resetting. All done! That’s how to reset NETGEAR EX7000 to its factory default settings.