This guide is to help you with an easy Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 setup and installation. By understanding how routers in general and your Netgear AC1750 setup in particular work, you can make the most of its functionalities and features.
- What is a router?
- How do routers work?
- Types of Routers
- Wireless Routers
- Wired Routers
- Features of Netgear Routers
- All About Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
- Features and Specifications
- Additional Features
- How WiFiExtAssist can help in Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 setup
What is a router?
A router is network hardware designed to connect your local home network, i.e. your smart devices and gadgets, with the internet. It also connects different devices with each other which allows you to share files and other data among these devices.
Routers come in both wired and wireless types. While some modern routers are wireless, most are still wired models that require network cables for establishing network connections. [see Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 smart dual band WiFi router (R6700)].
How do routers work?
Even wireless routers contain many network ports for establishing a connection between the internet and devices. They need cables to perform this task. The basic task of a router is to forward data from the internet (or a device) to the right device.
You can understand the working of a router by the following example:
Imagine a small company has two departments – graphic design and accounts – and all employees are connected with the same network with each other. Now, when a designer uses the network to send an animation file to another designer, the file has to pass through each computer on the network, in the absence of the exact address. Consequently, the speed of the rest of the devices on the same network will be affected.
Here’s where a router steps in!
The company uses a router to set in two different networks. This will keep the task of designers away from accountants. Finally, it will connect these two networks with the internet. In this way, a data packet will reach exactly where it is meant to reach.
Types of Routers
Basically, routers belong to two types: wireless and wired. The main difference between both types is that wired routers limit the number of devices connected to the internet whereas wireless routers make it possible for multiple devices to establish a connection with the internet.
You can choose wireless connections that require wireless routers and devices that support WiFi. Some of the wireless routers have ports to connect cable devices. The signal standards they support include 802.11a which provides data transfer speeds up to 54Mbps, 802.11b with speeds up to 11 Mbps, 802.11g with 54 Mbps, 802.11n with 600 Mbps. (see Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 below).
Be mindful, these speeds are theoretical and it depends on your hardware how fast and efficient it will perform.
Usually, wired connections come with Ethernet cables for connecting your devices with the modem. They are, generally, very fast but pose restrictions on a number of devices connected to it. They feature ports to establish connections between two types of networks.
Features of Netgear Routers
Netgear is a popular manufacturer of routers hardware. It was this company that brought the fastest wireless routers in the market. Since modern homeowners and offices today need steady WiFi signals for multiple devices, the need for efficient, high-quality wireless routers is inevitable. The popular brand brings exactly that to users.
- Their advanced routers, such as Netgear Nighthawk AC1750, are packed in Beamforming+ technology that extends the range of your WiFi network, condenses interference, and amplifies 802.11ac Wi-Fi connection speeds.
- Many top-performing models are a dual-band that blocks any virtual interference from appliances.
- The brand offers facilities guest access and parental control for most routers.
- These models incorporate enterprise-grade security standards such as WPA and WPA2 encryption to secure your data.
- Wireless access provides users with the freedom to connect multiple devices with the same internet connections.
- Despite being wireless, these routers also feature ports for connecting USB drives, modems, and wired devices.
All About Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Among the top-performing routers, Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 smart dual band WiFi router (R6700) secures a good place among users. It is one of the best gaming routers by the company. With Netgear AC1750 setup, you can enjoy high-end games and stream HD videos and music at high-speed connectivity.
Netgear AC1750 is a sleek router with a spaceship-like design which makes it a really beautiful hardware model. As for its size, it’s pretty large for any entry-level router. The model is a very powerful device providing 802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit speeds.
Once you have completed your Netgear Nighthawk extender setup, you can enjoy the innumerable features it’s packed with. All you must know is how to install Netgear AC1750 smart WiFi router. Read on!
Here’s a useful Netgear AC1750 review below:
Features and Specifications
Fast Internet Speeds
Netgear AC1750 provides WiFi downloading speeds up to 450+1300 Mbps which is really fast and suitable for HD gaming and streaming. It wraps dual-band technology with next-generation 11ac WiFi to extend your WiFi network into a wide area of your home or workplace with both wired and wireless connections.
Apart from this, the hardware comes with a powerful 1GHz Dual Core processor that makes better the speed and performance of wireless, wired, and WAN-to-LAN throughputs.
Ultimate WiFi Range
A correctly-completed Netgear Nighthawk setup ensures a wider coverage than any other entry-level wireless router. It features three high-powered external antennas for ultimate WiFi coverage in your entire house or office. You just need to have your Netgear Nighthawk setup with WiFi-enabled devices.
Note: You can further amplify this WiFi range to extend into the far-off corners of your building by using a high-quality extender such as Netgear WiFi extender n300.
Seamless Sharing Across Devices
Having Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 setup done gives you the power of sharing your data and files across multiple devices at once. The model contains a USB 3.0 port to help you connect your USB hard drive and look at the media and other content files on different devices. For sharing, printing, and backup, it supports these: DLNA, Readyshare USB Access, Readyshare Printer, Readyshare Vault, and Time Machine.
Stable And Reliable Connections Without Any Interference
Like other advanced routers by the company, Netgear AC1750, too, comes with Beamforming+ technology for strengthening speeds and range of WiFi connections and making them more reliable. With two frequencies, viz. 2.4GHz and 5GHz, it provides a range for legacy devices and uninterrupted fast speeds for media streaming and gaming, respectively.
Besides, the advanced QoS technology used in it allows you to enjoy HD videos and games seamlessly. All you should know is how to install it correctly. To know how to setup Netgear Nighthawk AC1750, read on!
Netgear AC1750 WPS Button
Another feature to keep your security on preference is Netgear AC1750 WPS button. For those who don’t know about Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS), it’s a type of security standard to hassle for users for connecting with secure WiFi networks. Therefore, you need just a single push of the LED button and you can establish secure, convenient, and easy connections.
Netgear AC1750 comes with additional facilities, one of which is parental control. You need NETGEAR Genie app to activate the parental control on the router during or after Netgear AC1750 setup. Once done, your kids will be able to see and access only filtered content on your network.
Apart from this, there’s another feature called Guest Network Access which creates a different network for guest devices so that they don’t interfere with your home network.
One of the most liked features of the router is that it supports advanced WPA and WPA2 encryptions. It leaves outdated technologies like WEP behind and makes your network connections more secure with these advanced protocols. Hence, all the data you share and keep in your computer and other devices are completely safe from intruders and attackers.
Ease Of Access With Google Assistant
The company has introduced this feature pretty recently to its routers. After you complete your Netgear AC1750 setup, you can enjoy accessing the model with Google Assistant. The smart virtual assistant works on your voice commands and makes it easy and convenient for you to control your home or office network.
Since Netgear AC1750 supports two frequency bands, you can switch between the two as per your need. For low-latency gaming and HD media streaming, use the 5GHz frequency.
Suitable For All-sized Buildings
It is a powerful device that not only provides high-speed connectivity across a small- and mid-sized house but also a huge building.
Easy Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 Setup
This is a common quality that is visible in all devices by the company. You get a simple and straight-forward Netgear Nighthawk setup. The model comes with a useful and easy to understand Netgear AC1750 manual to know how to install Netgear AC1750 router.
So, you can do it on your own by following the steps we provide in this post or can take our professionals’ assistance online for Netgear AC1750 installation help.
The exceedingly huge size makes it a little inconvenient for those users to keep it who like small and compact designs. You need a proper desk with a nice space to place it on.
The default firmware of the model is a mediocre-kind. However, you can upgrade it anytime by yourself to tomato or dd-wrt after Netgear AC1750 setup.
On Amazon, Netgear AC1750 is priced at $89.99. However, this price may vary on different shopping websites and in different countries. You can browse your local market for the exact price range.
This Netgear AC1750 review is meant to make you more familiar with your model before you proceed to Netgear Nighthawk setup.
Get started with Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 WiFi router (R6700) setup
Here is the step-by-step guide to help you proceed with Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 setup. Just follow the guide carefully to complete Netgear Nighthawk extender setup. Apart from that, you can also take the help of our experts for making this task easier and faster for you.
There are two phases: Physical and virtual. Let’s begin the first one:
- Before getting started with your Netgear Nighthawk extender setup, you need to activate your internet modem. (A modem is a device you get while purchasing an internet service package.)
- When done, move to your router and keep all its contents and accessories handy. Your Netgear AC1750 should come with the router device, a Power adapter, a yellow Ethernet Cable, and Netgear AC1750 manual.
- While placing the device, make sure both the right and left Antennas are 45 degrees from the center. Doing so will get the best WiFi performance from it. (Wait; DO NOT turn on the router yet.)
- Now, switch off the activated cable modem.
- Look at the back of your WiFi Router for a yellow port with the name tag “Internet”. Plug one end of your yellow Ethernet cable, here, in this port.
- Plug the other end of the yellow cable into the Ethernet port of your modem.
- Now, you need to turn on both devices. So, connect both with power outlets and turn them on. (To know whether your router is power on successfully, look at the Power LED lights on it. If they are amber first and then turn white, the device is ready.)
All done! Now, it’s time to move to the virtual phase of proceeding with your Netgear AC1750 setup.
For this, you must use a WiFi-enabled computer (although you can also use a wired connection) and know the default WiFi login credentials (username and password) for Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 Setup. The company provides a label with pre-assigned credentials either on the top or bottom of the router.
- On your WiFi-enabled computer, head to the WiFi icon and look for the network name printed on the credentials label. Click on the name and provide the default password here. Enter Connect.
- Once done, open a web browser of your choice.
- In the URL bar, type in routerlogin.net and press Enter.
- The next screen opens the NETGEAR Genie setup page. Here, you need to provide a new password for your router login (don’t confuse it with your WiFi password) and answer two security questions.
- Once done, hit Next.
- You will see the confirmation that your password is set. Click Next.
- On the next page, you see an option to download the ReadyShare app. Click Next.
- You will get the option to update the firmware. It’s highly recommended. So, Click Yes to do this.
- Once it is complete, you need to again type in www.routerlogin.net and hit Enter.
- The next step (optional) of Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 setup requires you to register your router with Netgear. To do so, click on the Login button on the bottom of this page.
- Provide your router login credentials in the required field and click Log In.
- Click on the tile with the name “Wireless”. Change the name of your network and its password on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz here for securing your network. Hit Apply.
- Once the information updates completely, click on the WiFi icon on your computer and click on the network name you just created.
- Provide the new password and hit Connect.
That’s it how to setup Netgear AC1750 Netgear Nighthawk setup is done. Finally, you can now enjoy high-speed internet connectivity on all of your WiFi-enabled devices.
In case you face any trouble with the process, you can anytime take our professionals’ help to make your task faster and easier.
How WiFiExtAssist can help in Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 setup
WiFiExtAssist is a trusted customer support provider for Netgear extender and router setup. You can consult us anytime for your Netgear-related issues.
Routers are technical devices that need advanced knowledge on the users’ part to set up and manage. While proceeding with your Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 Setup, you will come across with technical terms and options that sometimes even an experienced user is not able to understand properly. There can anything like you not being able to connect your router with the WiFi network.
To make the process easier for you, our technical professionals bring step-by-step instructions in three ways:
You can dial our toll-free 1-866-606-3055 to talk to one of our experts anytime. Explain your issue in detail and you will get instant help with Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 smart dual band WiFi router (R6700) setup.
There is a 24/7 live chat option available on the bottom of every page of this website. Just click it and discuss your Netgear AC1750 issue with our technical representative who will then provide the simplest-ever guide on how to set up Netgear AC1750. Qe provide instant and assured Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 Setup.
You can write to us at support@WiFiextassist.com at any time. Once our team goes through your problem with netgear ac1750 installation, one of our professionals will contact you regarding an assured fix.
No matter what your issue with your Netgear AC1750 setup, an assured fix is on the way. So, just contact us by any means and you will get professional assistance for Netgear extender setup.